Monday, January 3, 2011

Harvest Monday

Suyo Cucumbers and
The Complete Mystery Tomatoes

Lots of tomatoes are beginning to ripen now. Every tomato growing season I've had at least 1 mystery tomato plant. Last year it was the the Chocolate Stripes seeds - they produced something entirely different that was totally unexciting. This season the Italian Heirloom seeds produced a mystery giant red beefsteak tomato. They're just beautiful and flavorful too.

I made kim chi with the Testa di Ferro cabbage I harvested last week. If you would like a really good recipe for kim chi, it's linked in my post:
Kim Chi for the New Year

Next week should be a big week for tomatoes. I have a few new varieties I trialed this season and I can't wait to try them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Important Update

This blog is a mirror of my garden blog at  A Kitchen Garden in Kihei Maui Google doesn't fully support Blogger any longer. I'm unab...